But now it may be really getting bleak. Numerous polls have McCain barely ahead or in a statistical dead heat in his home state of Arizona.
McCain has represented Arizona in Washington since 1983 (first in the House of Representatives and then in the Senate). That is a testament to his enormous popularity here.
I’ve never liked him . I’ve lived in Arizona (on and off) since 1982.
So to see this just excites me to no end.
And the Obama Campaign is (for the first time) running an ad on local TV stations in Arizona
I’d love to see him lose Arizona! If he does, you know it will be part of a landslide.
And to see McCain crawling back to the Senate in January will be most wonderful.
In the meantime. here are some links to articles regarding McCain’s recent standings in Arizona and the Obama campaign’s stepped up efforts there.
- MSNBC: “OBAMA GOES UP IN AZ, GA AND ND”
- CNN: “Electoral Update: McCain loses ground”
- Newsweek: “Race to the Finish”
- Los Angeles Times: “McCain is feeling the heat in Arizona”
- The Atlantic:: “Obama to Advertise in Arizona”
- ABC News: “Dancing in the End Zone“
- BBC News:”Obama pushes for McCain territory”
- The Guardian (UK): Could John McCain lose in his home state?
- The Miami Herald: “Obama runs TV ads in Arizona, other ‘red’ states; McCain focuses on Ohio”
- The Arizona Republic: “Obama neck and neck with McCain in Arizona”
- Newsweek: “Raising Arizona”
- CBS News: “Obama To Advertise In McCain’s Home State”
- The Huffiington Post: “Tight Polls and Rumors of an Obama Visit Boost Momentum in Arizona”
- The Huffington Post: “Polls Pile Up In McCain’s Home State: A Dead Heat”
- The Huffington Post: “Obama May Visit Arizona, Looking to Put the Full Dem Ticket there “Over the Top”
- The Huffington Post: “Arizona Poll: McCain Leads By Just 2 Points”